Tuesday

My Mother's Day Present!

About 2 weeks ago I sent my hubby an email hinting to him that I would very much like the Farm Chicks new cookbook "The Farm Chicks in the Kitchen". Well a funny thing happened the next day; someone that I know from my company asked me to help out with a situation involving a reservation that he had made for a family friend. I was happy to help - not a big deal, he was now in another state and he needed a voucher for this friend. I asked him to email me the details and I would take care of it. He sent me the details and I did not pay too much attention or make a connection with the name of the guest...I confirmed back to him that all was taken care of - end of story? No...the following day I came into the office and had an email from Serena Thompson thanking me for helping out with the arrangements...as I scrolled down in disbelief it was indeed from Serena of The Farm Chicks! I sat and stared at the screen for a few minutes - I have followed them for a long time and have purchased goodies for myself and friends from their wonderful web-site. I emailed her back letting her know that the day before I had asked my husband for their book (I even emailed her a copy of the emails he and I exchanged). Well I had the pleasure of meeting Serena earlier this week and she brought me this!!! YIPPEEE!
She even signed it for me :)
Have you ever looked forward to meeting someone that you admire only to be disappointed by the expectation that you had of them? This was NOT the case - Serena is the most gracious and sweet lady you will ever meet, really lovely in every way and I only wished we could have spent more time with each other. I won't be able to get up their way for the show in a few weeks but I am definitely planning to visit Serena and Teri next year! If you don't have this book already (maybe I'm the only one that didn't) run don't walk to pick up a copy - it's lovely! The recipes are wonderful, the photographs are gorgeous and the stories of how they started their dream are inspiring to say the least! Thank you Serena for the wonderful gift!

2 comments:

Allidink said...

Oh my gosh I want this book so bad! I am waiting to buy it on Amazon. Lucky you!

All the best,
Allison

littlebyrd said...

What a great story!! What are you going to make first? :)