Saturday

Such a Fabulous Day!

...and it's not quite over yet. My day started out with a little pampering thanks to my girlfriends. I had received a gift certificate for the spa and decided to treat myself to a facial this morning - it was the best!! Then my friend Linda and I attended an amazing event The Vintage Vavoom Launch Party at the lovely McCharles House in Tustin. The house was truly amazing and it was a pleasure to meet the owners; Vivian & Audrey Heredia. The Editor of Romantic Homes, Jacqueline deMontravel was there to sign copies of our book and she is just adorable. Hillary Black, Editor of Cottages & Bungalows was one of the speakers and also provided entertainment with her group StuccoRainbow. Merrie Destefano, Editor of Victorian Homes also spoke and share a wonderful story about Joshua Stones. What a treat it was me to meet Lidy from the French Garden House! She is very sweet and so talented! I really wanted to win the gorgeous basket that she donated for the raffle! Fingers are crossed!

Christie Repasy was there and although she was not there; Penny Carlson of Lavender Hill Studio had a lovely raffle item as well - maybe I'll win this one! There were baskets of the magazines throughout the event - we were like kids in a candy store, nibbling on delicious raspberry tartelettes and scones and sipping on pomegranite sodas from IZZE. The weather was absolutely wonderful and everyone at the event was as sweet as the come! I'm off to make a chicken pot pie and sit in front of the fire tonight and enjoy my newest decorating inspiration; Vintage Vavoom!

4 comments:

FrenchGardenHouse said...

Erin,

It was such a pleasure to meet you today! I was just sorry I didn't get to talk more with you. It WAS a beautiful day, wasn't it?
You and I will both be sitting in front of our fireplace tonight, relishing each and every page of this book.
xo Lidy

Angela said...

Even though I didnt recognize most of who you saw, I got all excited for you. LOL Sounds like a wonderful day. And the facial...oh that sounds so good.

Merrie Destefano said...

Erin,
I'm so glad you came to our launch party! I don't know if I got a chance to meet you or not, but thank you so much for mentioning our launch and our talks on your blog! We really appreciate it!

Blessings,
Merrie Destefano, Editor
Victorian Homes magazine

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

I had an invitation and debated so much about going!I was sure it was going to be a fun party. I'm happy to see some photos of it, I hope you had a great time.