Sunday

Small things


Appreciating the small things...I’m certain that I don’t do this enough. I realized this even more as I watched Stephanie Nielson’s appearance on Oprah last night when I got home and I was very moved…who was not? I have been following her blog for a little bit now and she and her husband are truly amazing. Her struggle to recover from the plane crash that left most of her body badly burned and the heartache she endured over her children’s feelings towards her drastic change in appearance really got to me. A woman from So Cal spent a day with Stephanie on the premise that this woman felt that her life of being a homemaker was very mundane, play dough made her sick and she hated making school lunches, blah, blah, blah. I’m a working mom and if I could turn back the clock I probably would have tried to make it work financially for me to stay home with my kids but we can’t turn back the clock and it's such a waste of time to have regrets. One thing that I can do is enjoy what my son’s are interested in; running and hip hop music. I’m not a runner anymore and could not possibly keep up with my 15 year olds 5 minute mile pace but I can be an enthusiastic spectator at his cross country meets and take lot’s of photos of him and his friends. I honestly hate to miss a race because I know that there may not be many left should he choose at some point to stop (please don’t Nick – you’re an awesome runner and I love to watch you, you make it look so easy).











I’m not a rapper either but I can support my 16 year olds dream to record music, write lyrics and perform. You’re a very talented boy and I think you will go far, keep following your dreams.















Have you noticed, that the more you hurry, the slower you go?

The more you wait, the longer it takes?

The more you worry, the less you dream?

But the more you live, love, and laugh, the more you live, love, and laugh.

Have a great week - without regrets!

No comments: