Monday

Fluffing & Ruffles

My master bedroom make-over "on the cheap" is now complete! A little fluffing, painting, drapes and even some ruffles and now my little retreat is fini... All of the bedding is from the Simply Shabby Chic line from Target. I love the sheets with the ruffled edges and the airy look of the duvet cover. The white quilt at the foot of the bed was an $8. yard sale find - it's a king size quilt in fabulous condition.
The throw pillow adds just a touch of my favorite color red to the serene whiteness

This vintage piece of art was also a steel at $7. The details of the frame looking like tiny ruffled edges.
The dress form is wearing an apron that belonged to my grandmother - I don't have many things that belonged to her but I do love this apron!

The old window with shelf was another garage sale piece that I picked up for $25. Our wonderful handyman hung it for me - I could have tried but I would have been afraid of it falling on us in the middle of the night. I love this piece and am so glad that I kept it.

The roses are from my garden and I just love the color. Do you think if I ring the bell someone will bring me a cup of tea?
I splurged on white deep pocket drapes from Pottery Barn and we painted the walls a creamy antique white. We had a ceiling fan installed which I love during the warm weather; we kept it very simple with just a basic white fan, no light fixture. I did not want the center of attention to be a ceiling fan.

Thanks for visiting! Our next project is an are in our back yard that we are planning to add pavers to and a spa. I'm so excited about this and promise to take before and after pictures.
I will be offering a give-away on my blog later this week.


1 comment:

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hi, Erin, what a great looking room, congrats on a really good job.