Monday

Broken vases, haircuts & bagpipers!

Wow another weekend has flown by! I have been busy getting ready for Christmas at the Cottage on 11/30 and 12/1. The cardboard cones arrived and I have been busy embelishing these - they will be great for those gift cards - a fancier and more fun way to present them.
I finally set out a few Thansgiving decoations. Here is a picture of a really beautiful vase that I bought recently from Robin at her recent sale in Orange. A few hours later it was falling to the floor no thanks to our kitten "Lucky" - not so lucky for me. It was quickly swept into the trash and a mere memory now…hopefully I will find another to replace it and keep out of kitty's way!
Sunday afternoon we went down to the Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel and enjoyed hot cocoa, cookies, the Dana Hills marching band and a group of bagpipers in preparation for their annual tree lighting. There was even snow! I attempted to take photos of my two comedians for our Christmas card - I may have managed to get one decent shot. Little Nick went to the Dr. this morning and as I suspected he has bronchitis, as soon as the antibiotics kick in he'll be his old self again - spunky little guy! He's sporting a new hair cut too (buzz) thanks to his mom's hairdresser skills or lack of. He did not like the way I trimmed his sideburns so we ended up buzzing his whole head.
It sure is a glitter fest in my little office/workroom. I purchased some cute emelishments from Sharon yesterday at Floral Facelift and will continue decorating cones and other things to be shown later!

No comments: